Friday, May 3, 2013

Play Ball!

Digital Play Ball!: May 2013: (c) Luke Bennette

Sketch Play Ball!: May 2013: (c) Luke Bennette

Colored Play Ball!: May 2013: (c) Luke Bennette
I originally intended to draw a hand reaching down from heaven towards a rather terrified individual. However it became apparent that the hand was all wrong for the reach and that I had to modify my intentions. Part of what makes my pictures enjoyable to draw is the mentality that I have to make whatever I draw work in some way shape or form. The small sheet of cloth around the baseball players hand is most likely a token from his wife (signified by the focus of the picture which is the ring on his finger) and the baseball player in the doughnut was originally meant to be a player on base before I realized I could not pass him off as such and changed perspectives once again. The addition of the people in the background watching suggests that most everyone is waiting to see what he does with the ball, yet it is strangely enough what they can't see which we find so obvious from the start. This picture employes a colored sketch effect on what was originally a stylized pen job.

No comments:

Post a Comment