Friday, June 7, 2013

Do not Mourn the Dead

Sketch Do not Mourn the Dead: May 2013: (c) Luke Bennette
 Do not mourn the dead came out of nowhere. I had no models, but I seem to be getting a feel for faces and hands at this point. Still needs work of course.
Colored Do not Mourn the Dead: May 2013: (c) Luke Bennette
 A friend of mine asked whether this was a picture of twilight characters. I am not sure how they missed the cross in the background in the left hand of the priest. The hand behind the young man crying is the hand of God himself reaching out to console the young man as he takes his mother to heaven.
Digital Do not Mourn the Dead: May 2013: (c) Luke Bennette
A darkened image of the whole thing. I'm not sure that it adds to the picture, but I do like the frame. I have begun to leave a white space where the initials and date are placed so that I can better find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment